Comprehensive Spine Program
Neck and back injuries are the main cause of long-term disability, a great deal of which can be prevented if the musculoskeletal problem is addressed appropriately. Many times a person can recover with limited care and home instruction, while others require an extensive in-clinic program. At P.T. Northwest we have the programs and skills available to address all degrees of spinal injuries and adapt all programs to fit the patient's unique needs.
- Comprehensive Physical Therapy Evaluation.
- Therapeutic Modalities for reduction of pain and edema.
- Back Education Program.
- Hands-on treatment to correct soft-tissue dysfunction.
- Flexibility exercises.
- Normalizing Range of Motion.
- Stabilization exercises.
- Reinforcement of educational principles.
- Body mechanics and postural awareness.
- Reconditioning exercises.
- Neuromuscular re-education.
- Improving efficiency of normal movement activities.
- Strengthening Programs.
- Isometrics, Open and closed-chain programs.
- Dynamic strengthening.
- Progressive Resistance Exercises, Swiss Ball, Plyometrics and Proprioceptive Exercises.
- Work Hardening.
- Work conditioning.
- Funtional Integration.
- For work, sport or recreation.
- Independent in home exercise program.