Sports Injury Rehabilitation
As our physical therapy staff has extensive experience with professional, youth and recreational athletes, we at PT Northwest are highly qualified to treat athletic-related injuries. Our director, Dan Hughes MS RPT, has taught continuing educational courses for the American Sports Medicine Institute and is knowledgeable in regards to the most current information, research and clinical techniques.
We communicate a great deal with the athlete and the coaches to help ensure a rapid recovery, a safe transition to the sport and a decrease in re-injury rate.
Sports Physical Therapy can be used in the following situations:
- Post-surgical intervention
- Sprains and tears of muscles, ligaments, and other soft tissues
- Biomechanical evaluation and assessment of the upper and lower extremities
- Pre-sport screenings
- Sacro-iliac structural evaluation and stabilization
- Lumbar stabilization training
Understanding that structural anomalies at one site on the body may cause injuries at another is a must for all athletes. At P.T. Northwest, we not only aid in the healing process, but educate all of our patients to look at the bigger picture of how their body functions, each part affecting the other.